As we clean up our tables from Thanksgiving and enjoy football and leftovers, I thought it might be fun to write a little blog celebrating my favorite Christmas movies. Every single one of these films stands out for many reasons. Some have made us laugh, some have made us cry happy tears, and some have just been flat out entertaining. One thing they all have in common is that they have endured the test of time. Maybe that’s why we watch them every year.
- Elf – Buddy the Elf! What’s your favorite color? This could be how we start answering the phone here at YFS for the month of December. LOL
- Christmas Vacation – Cousin Eddy……enough said.
- 8-Bit Christmas – If you grew up in the 80s this film will never grow old
- Scrooged – Bill Murray gets hit by a toaster. Never not funny.
- Die Hard – I don’t care what anybody says, this is a Christmas movie!
- Home Alone – Kevin!
- Miracle on 34th Street (you pick your version of this Holiday classic, but I am partial to the Richard Attenborough version from 1994)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas – An all-time family favorite
- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (the Claymation version) – Loved it at 5 and still love it at 48.
- The Santa Clause – Tim Allen is simply fantastic in this Christmas franchise starter.
- A Christmas Story
- A Christmas Carol (Mickey’s version, George C. Scott’s version, or Jim Carey’s version. They are all equally fantastic)
- Klaus – Sneaky good Christmas film from Netflix
- Suess – How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Spirited – I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this movie. New Christmas movie that came out of nowhere. Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell are perfect in this film.
Let us know your thoughts on what movies grace your TV each Holiday season….
LPL Tracking #506343